The Punjab State Human Rights Commission (PSHRC), Chandigarh is inviting applications for its Winter Internship Programme from law students.
Punjab State Human Rights Commission was set up vide notification by the Punjab State Government on 17th March 1997 under the Protection of Human Rights Act 1993 No 10 of 1994. The Commission started functioning on 16th July 1997.
The Commission has been holding an Internship Programme in its office at Chandigarh since the year 2007, in order to spread awareness of human rights issues among University students.
About the Internship Opportunity
During the programme, the students are exposed to the work of the Commission. They become aware of the provisions of the Constitution and the main institutions and international instruments relevant to the understanding of human rights. The internship would also include hands-on exposure to Human Rights Cases, interactions with the Hon’ble Chairperson and Members, and project report on Human rights issues etc.
This programme is open to students pursuing graduate, post-graduate studies in Law, and Human Rights, etc.
On completion of the Internship, certificates will be issued on the basis of performance on the following criteria:
- Participation in Class during sessions (Project Presentation & Project Report, Debate and Book Review).
- Interns will have to attend the program regularly without break.
- Their daily attendance will be marked on a register/attendance sheet.
- There are no stipend or accommodation.
How to Apply?
Interested students can send the below said documents along with a scanned copy of Annexure I (copy attached) and write-up through mail at intern.pshrc[at]gmail.com for selection by the Commission up to 16th December 2022 at 3.00 pm.
- Latest CV
- 10th marks sheet self-attested
- 12th marks sheet self-attested
- Reason for wanting to join as an Intern in PSHRC: Please attach a handwritten write-up of 500 words
- Recommendation letter from college HOD
- College Id proof
- Annexure I (Copy Attached)
For any details, you may contact at Ph: 0172-2635406 (between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).
Image taken from here.